March 1, 2021:
Last day to pay 2019 taxes before interest increases and forfeiture fee are added
March 31st, 2021:
Last day to redeem 2018 and prior taxes to avoid foreclosure, unless prior arrangements are made with the Treasurer or court ordered.
The County Administration building is currently closed to walk-in traffic until further notice.
Payments can be made via:
The County Treasurer is an elected official who serves a four-year term and is responsible for the administration of the Treasurer’s Office.
Functions of the Office
The principal functions of the office are to:
- Conduct Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) audits for Berrien County and Van Buren County
- Receive, maintain custody of, and disburse all County monies
- Maintain records of receipts and disbursements of monies from all County departments
- Collect and distribute all County governmental units’ delinquent property taxes
- Manage the investment of monies of the County
- Prepare and manage the County delinquent tax revision process
- Sell dog licenses and park passes
- Process FOIA requests
Wed Mar. 31
Fri Apr. 2
Mon May 31